Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Playin' in the Sprinkler....


We don't have much grass here.  Just a narrow strip, through the fenced yard.
Nothing near the size of our old place, with front and back the standard suburban lawns.


Mr. P. can mow this with our push mower (man powered), in about 10 minutes.

But, it does have to be watered sometimes.


And, we use a sprinkler.  It goes round and round, with an upward shot of water in the middle.


The birds adore it.  They come flocking to the wet limbs of the trees and have a great time.


It's hard to get a good photo of the Chickadees and Titmouses.  They flit in and out of the leaves, and are just hard to catch in focus.
But, I managed to get some of this cardinal.  He spent quite a while enjoying his shower.


And, the sun glinting on the drops of water make an interesting pattern.

Entertainment in the garden.

Happy Gardening...
~~Linda~~

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures! The cardinal looks like he is having fun. Love the look of water droplets in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty photos and so much fun for the cardinals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I would do, splash in the sprinklers. In fact, whether someone is looking or not, most summer days if I'm near irrigation heads going off, I will walk into them to cool off. If I wouldn't have had to wear something nice for a meeting yesterday, I would have done so on my own project, that has temporary heads establishing native seeding!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those shots of the cardinal! I should set out my sprinkler for the birds in back ... I need to figure out how to do it without getting my Franken-leg wet. Thanks for stopping by my corner of Katy!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...