Wednesday, November 16, 2011

30 Day Challenge~~Thanksgiving~~Day 16....Foliage Follow-Up Nov...

Cat, at The Whimsical Gardener, has challenged us to a 30 Day Challenge of Thanksgiving.
A post a day, for 30 days, to celebrate the things we are thankful for, in our lives.

~~Day 16~~


I'm thankful today for foliage.


Every month...on the 16th... Pam at Digging. hosts
Foliage Follow-Up
where we all show off our foliage.

lettuce bowl


I love flowers, but foliage is my favorite.  It's always dependable.


The Daniella has held up well, even with the freezes we've had.

Powis Castle artemisia is always dependable.

Agave lophantha

Agaves and yuccas are doing well.  There will be more of these.


Can't wait to get my new Yucca rostrata in the ground.


Dusty Miller holds up well to heat or cold.  And, I've never noticed the deer eating it.
They cleared out some Dead Nettle planted with it, in this pot....so much for 
another 'deer resistant plant'.

I'm not sure I could garden without Aztec grass...


..and, Liriope.  This green liriope held up well to last winter's frigid temperatures...
and this summer's extreme heat and drought.
But, it all has to stay inside the fence.  Deer love it.

The radishes look good..above the ground.  
I've never had luck with radishes or beets.  Great foliage...not so great fruit.
But, I won't give up.

You may have noticed we have a few leaves.
That's life beneath the Cedar Elms.

But, I'm thankful for those trees.

Happy Foliage Follow-Up
~~Linda~~

3 comments:

  1. Cedar elm is one of my very favorite native trees for fall color, as your photos attest. And that looks like a fabulous Yucca rostrata for your garden! Thanks, as always, for joining in for Foliage Follow-Up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cedar elm leaves are charming. We once had a cedar elm at our first house in south Austin. I miss that big, old tree. It had the most beautiful fall color. Our lot now has a bunch of live oak for which I'm grateful but I wouldn't mind a bit of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful specimens. Love the Daniella and your new yucca!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...