Thursday, January 2, 2014

Words...


A lot of people choose to select a single 
Word,
instead of making New Year's resolutions.

I did that a couple years ago.
I chose FOCUS.
And, I did pretty well.

Last year, I didn't choose one.
I still did ok.
But, having that word did help, the year before.

So this year, I think I'll pick out a word again.

2-365

Maybe, my new dictionary will help.


Yes, I use a real, hold-in-your-hand dictionary.
And, I've been in dire need of a new one, for a while.


Santa was kind enough to tuck new one into my stocking.

I'm a bit loathe to get rid of the old one.
That's one of my big problems....
getting rid of things.

So, just maybe my WORD this year should be
SIMPLIFY.

There are lots of things around here that could be made more simple.
Plant more low maintenance plants in the garden.
Clear out things that are still good, but haven't been used/worn for years.
Organize, so I don't waste time searching for things.
DE-CLUTTER.

My new dictionary defines
SIMPLIFY
as 
MAKE EASY.

EASY sounds good to me.

Do you have a WORD?

*****

'Til later...

Take Care...
~~Linda~~



2 comments:

  1. Focus was my word for last year. Balance is my word for 2014. I got too focused on quilting and forgot to cross stitch and knit in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you've stuck with the tradition of a word for the New Year. They really do help to keep one grounded. Last year my word was intentional and it served me well through a challenging year. Still mulling over this year's word but have narrowed it down. Maybe it will inspire a blog post. Happy New Year, Linda. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...