Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Simply Wednesday....


Yesterday, here at Patchwork Garden, it was 85F.
Today, it hasn't gotten out of the 50s.

Nothing much is blooming.  A couple viola blooms.

So, I took a tour through some photos I took in September, 
when we went to the Grand Canyon.
That's an amazing place.

And, there were quite a few things blooming.

Three of my favorites:


Apache Plume


Some kind of aster.  Anybody  know this one?



And, I loved this plume-y grass.
I don't know what it is, either.

OK....that brightens the day a bit.

Now, back to plotting  planning what to do about the deer and the landscape.

Hope you're safe and warm where you are.


Happy Gardening...
~~Linda~~

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos. Love the lighting in all three pics. The weather has been crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice photos. We were at the GC in August and saw the Apache plumes too. Such pretty seed heads. Also the cliff rose was blooming. It was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi....love the pictures. I lived in San Diego for 40+ years and never visited the Grand Canyon. It looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be plenty warm here today :) So glad the wind is going to calm down. Looks like a beautiful trip ... that Apache Plume always fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The weather. Who knows. Great photos from your trip! I like the Apache Plume as well. Pretty photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was warmer here too, but not that warm. Lovely Fall Garden shots my dear. I agree the lighting is perfect!

    Many blessings....Brooke
    creativecountrymom@gmail.com


    Here is my new site for my Vintage Inspired Artwork...http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/

    And my original site that focuses on my own photography and projects, Creative Country Mom... My home and gardening site, where I share tutorials, crafts, decor and lots of gardening ideas.
    http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/

    This week I am starting a new link up party called "Sunday Open House". I hope you will link up this lovely post to share with my readers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty, nice to take a look back when things are slow in the garden. That grass is very pretty. I planted apache plume last spring so hoping it will bloom for the first time in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love those pink flowers and the grass, magical great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We fight the deer. Last year my husband built a fence around the vegetable garden, now known as Stalag 17.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...