Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A New Crop

5-10 doe and baby

If you’ve visited here before, you know we live in Deer Country. LOTS-of-deer Country.

5-10 doe and baby 2 And, here we are at the time of year, when the deer population increases.

5-10 doe and twins

The little ones are cute. The big ones are cute. They’re all merrily munching on the wild things, in the Deer Grove and Elli’s Meadow.

5-10 twins

The new ‘crop’ arrives in ones, and twos and sometimes threes.

5-10 doe

I think there is at least one, in this doe’s future.

5-10 doe by tree

And, this one, too.

5-10 bucks resting

Meanwhile, the guys just hang out in the Deer Grove…..keeping an eye on things.

All this means more mouths to feed, around here. So, OK…..where is that deer repellant spray????

Happy Gardening…

~~Linda…

7 comments:

  1. Lovely pics, though I don't relish seeing deer in my garden and maybe you don't either. I haven't seen fawns around here lately, but I'm sure they're hidden on the hillsides while mamas forage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to have these new families to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't help but love fawns. And then they grow up to eat the landscape...

    I always wonder if the lone doe that frequents our yard, eating my wildflowers and birdseed, is the one whose mama left her as a newborn on our front patio among the herbs while mama foraged just after giving birth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, I'm seeing a lot of baby wild things on blogs today! They are so cute and it's so cool you have a good place to watch them from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the babies are really cute. I know they'll grow up and want to use my yard as a salad bar. But, that's what I get for trying to garden in deer country.

    Trial and error, is teaching me what MIGHT work and what won't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fawns are just so cute. I know it's easy for me to say because we don't get deer in our garden. Hope the repellent works.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...