Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What's the Word?....

Sweet gift from neighbors at our old place

I've been seeing around the internet the idea of NOT making those lists of  'New Year's Resolutions',
but, usuing one word...maybe two or three...to sum up those resolutions. 
One word that will make things happen.

It makes sense to me.  I can surely remember ONE WORD, more easily than a whole list.

So, my word of 2012 is
FOCUS.

I'm the kind of person who can easily get side tracked, no matter what I'm doing.
I have SO MANY projects around here that got started, but never finished.
Hey...just cleaning out a closet is sometimes hard for me to get all the way through.
I get sidetracked looking through old photos, or magazines, or....
you get the picture.

I almost made my word FINISH.
But, I've known me a long time.  I know if I'm going to FINISH something,
I'm going to have to
FOCUS.

I'm going to FOCUS, and get around to finishing the projects that are already started.
Like remodeling projects I started when we moved here,
THREE YEARS AGO!...
before I start something new.


I'm going to FOCUS on getting around to exercising more...
like walking in this great neighborhood of ours.

I'm going to FOCUS on getting around to...
well...looks like I have one of those lists, after all.

I'll just sum it up with saying..
I'm going to FOCUS on GETTING AROUND TO IT.

HEY!
I already have one of those!
Thanks, Rose.

So....what's the word?  What will you use to make your 2012 a good year?

FOCUS
~~Linda~~


I'm linking up with The Lettered Cottage...
join us...


The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Focus is something I could use a little more of too. Last year my word was 'espy' and the habit of seeking had the added benefit of helping me to slow down and focus. I also enjoyed your looking back post...man, I don't want to relive those temps and drought again. Praying mightily for rain! So glad to have found you in 2011 and looking forward to walking along with you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, you really stumped me with the idea of coming up with one word. I guess when it comes to living up to my New Year's resolutions, my word would be 'Accountability'. Not to anyone else, but to myself. Afterall, I alone know if I've really done my best to achieve my goals. And, fair is fair, I set the goals in the first place. So, here's to be accountable to myself.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...