Thursday, April 15, 2010

April Garden Bloggers' Bloomday, 2010

Happy Garden Bloggers' Bloomday.  Thanks to Carol at May Dreams Garden, this is the day that garden bloggers show what's blooming in their part of the world.

Here, at Patchwork Garden, the flower blooming the most, is wild Prairie Verbena.  It's all along the creek, and filling the meadow.

I never realized it had such a scent.  But, walk into the meadow, and you can't miss it.


Blackfoot Daisy

Since I've been remodeling the whole place,  most of the plants are newly planted.  A few made it through last summer, and the unusually cold winter.


Salvia greggii

And, I've moved things around that were here last year.  They must be happy...they're the first ones to bloom.

Jerusalem Sage,  Phlomis fruticosa

Dianthus


Calibrachoa..lived mostly outside on the porch all winter.

Bougainvillea....lived in the garage.

Cleome 'Senorita Rosalita'

I've been digging more and more new beds, now that we have a fence.  I've been trying to fill them up with new plants.

Cuphea llavea 'Vienco'


Gazania


Calibrachoa


Kalanchoe

Some were already blooming, when I got them.

Salvia coccinea 'coral'

Some have started blooming since they were planted.


Salvia leucanthus

Not much there, yet.


Spiderwort

This one, was left over from last year.  It's outside the fence in a pot, mixed with Dusty Miller.  Still, it got chomped over and over, last year.  And, it got chomped early this year.  But, I put a cage around it, and it got to show it's colors.  I don't have a sunny spot for it.  So, maybe it'll have to go live somewhere else.

Everything has been happy with the spring, so far.  Let's hope we have enough rain this year.


Crown of Thorns, Euphorbia milii and Optunia 'Bunny Ears'

We don't want the whole garden to be a desert, again.

If you want to see more Bloomday blooms, go visit Carol at the link above.

Hope your Bloomday is bloomin' lovely.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous blooms ... the Prairie Verbena is so lovely, as is the Blackfoot Daisy.

    You have some very pretty varieties of Calibrochoa and Salvia ... one of my favourite plants. I see you also have the Cleome 'Senorita Rosalita' ... I find this plant to be such a fuss-free gorgeous thing ... I'm a big fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring Bloom Day is so much fun...after the gray of winter.

    I was particularly interested in yours since we're almost neighbors and it's good to pick up ideas from friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..

    Bernie...Thanks for dropping by...all the way from Austalia.
    Salvias are our salvation here in deer country. I have a lot inside the fence, too. They're good performers, here.

    Kathleen...I feel the same about your garden. If it can survive your deer, maybe it can mine. Mine are eating machines.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...