Friday, August 17, 2012

Sunny Days....


We always have a lot of sunny days in August, here in Central Texas.


Sunny days bring on some hot weather blooms.

The self-sown zinnias in the veggie garden are blooming nicely.

I like zinnias.

They're happy flowers.

They make nice little bouquets, to brighten the indoors.

The gold cosmos has reseeded itself.  There will be some sunny blooms soon.

And, the Coral Vine is finally blooming.  Love these pretty blooms.

As you can see, it's not exactly a FULL vine.  I think it needs more sun.
So, another move this fall.

We're forecast to have some rain this weekend.  I hope they're right.  We need it.
And, the 'cold front' is supposed to bring cooler temps.....high 90s..haha.
We probably won't need jackets.
But, I guess that's better than 102.

Have a Great Weekend...
~~Linda~~

10 comments:

  1. Yes, the "cold front" is welcome here especially since rain is predicted.

    The coral vine is very pretty and all your flowers look so happy in the sun. Some of mine are getting a little tired of so much sun though.

    It seems we're always moving plants.... less sun, more sun it's hard to get it right around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda,
    yes, I'm with you... I love zinnias. My grandmother always had a bunch growing and she'd have the best colors all mixed together.
    Fun memories.
    Those rains are and that miraculous cold front are sagging down towards you tonight and I'm hoping they make it to your area, then move on to mine.
    We are getting very dry here. The air tastes like dust.
    Hope you hear the pitter patter of raindrops soon.
    David/:0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My zinnias reseed themselves in the veggie garden. Good for luring the bees and butterflies.
      I mostly have red and gold....seems those were the strongest seeds. Might need to plant some other colors.

      Delete
  3. Yea! We got rain. Hope you got some too. I didn't plant zinnias this year, but I wish I had. You're right, they are definitely a happy flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I planted zinnias in the veggie garden once. They reseed now. My guess is, I'd have a hard time getting rid of them now...if I wanted to.

      Delete
  4. We got rain! Only .12 inch. But, that was enough to fill the rain barrels. I'm always amazed at how little rain that takes.
    Hope everyone got some of the rain. We still need more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very pretty post! It is so nice to visit here! Will be back and thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you got rain!! I'm away from my garden right now but knowing it has cooled off a bit makes me worry less about my containers! Love your happy zinnias.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the zinnias! so bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...