Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Visitor...


Miss Maggie was pitching a fit outside this morning.  First I thought it was squirrels...they drive her crazy, actually sitting on the fence, teasing her.  Or, maybe the baby deer.  Since they're not much bigger than she is, we think she thinks they're dogs.

But, nope...it was this guy.

I don't know what he was after.  I put out the saucer of water after he showed up.  I thought maybe he was looking for water.  But, he didn't look all that interested.

He's quite handsome...don't you think?  I mean,,,for a turtle.

Last year this time we had another visit.  Is it the same guy?  Why does he come?  And, from where?
Another puzzle to contemplate, in the garden.

I went out a little while later, and he was gone.  Hope he found a good place to hang out.

Happy Gardening...
~~Linda~~



2 comments:

  1. It is a red-earred slider and most likely laying eggs. They come up to our house every year about this time and lay eggs. Not sure why but they always pick the toughest area to dig the hole for the eggs like right next to our driveway...the ground there is like concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info.
    Didn't see anywhere that she might have dug for eggs. I'll go search again.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...