Friday, November 20, 2009

THIS JUST MIGHT WORK



A few weeks ago, I told you here, We Got Rocks,about how we had this rock drain/dry stream put in the side yard.  Water comes down our street, into our driveway, and flows beside the house.  There was a shallow 'ditch' when we moved in.  But, that had filled in so much, it wasn't working very well.  So, we had Sara and her crew come out to help 'fix' it.

Today was the first time it's rained enough to see if it's going to work.  And, I think it will.  It needs a little 'tweaking', but it's looking good.



I moved the stepping stones that were in the drain out.  They were blocking the water some.  We'll extend the walkway beside this later.


But, it flowed under the fence pretty well.


And, down through the yard.


Remember, the areas beside this drain/stream are a work in progress.


This is with .39 inches of rain.



We may have to change out this stepping stone, for a thinner one.



Next up, is out there.


We're going to extend the stream out beyond the firepit.


It drains pretty naturally through the yard and down this low area (Yes, that lantana is moving.  It didn't like it there, anyway.).  We'd just like it to be contained a little better.

Creating a garden, is a never ending story, isn't it. 

Have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Linda, it looks good! I like the fence too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the kind of problem I have in front of my garage. It is also exactly why I am watching you intently. I plan to copy you shamelessly! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have already seen that I gave you the Best Blog Award. These little things always come wiht some rules to follow but as far as I am concerened you can skip all that and just wear your award/badge with pride. You deserve it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tatyana.

    Whoa...was that an award. I misunderstood. Guess I better check again.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for dropping by.

This is a word verification free blog. It seems to be working out, so far.

~~Linda...